2023-01-192023-04-19Employment Type:Direct HireCategory:Network / Systems Engineering / AdminJob Number: 25325
iSeries System Admin HIGHLIGHTS Location: Phoenix, AZ Position Type:Direct Hire Hourly/Salary: BOE Residency Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder ONLY
Our client is looking for an iSeries System Admin to join their team!
Job Description Overview:
We are looking to find a motivated and detail-oriented System Administrator to join our group! The right candidate has excellent interpersonal skills, enjoys working in teams, and has a strong desire to learn and develop their technology experience. For this role, we are looking for a driven self-starter to effectively communicate with key stakeholders, as well as internal team members.
As the iSeries System Admin, you will work with your manager and be responsible for the daily operations of the iSeries servers (AS400). The goal of this position is to; maintain maximum availability of our IBM i server environment.
• Include operating and monitoring the three company LPAR'S.
• Develop, document & maintain procedures for system utilities such as BRMS (backup/restore) CMOD (Imaging) Go Anywhere (Secure File Transfer)
• Identify technical innovation & process improvement opportunities, recommend solutions to improve performance and/or reduce cost.
• Monitor and manage company LPAR'S nightly & quarterly backups.
• Experience with operating system upgrades, PTFs, Technology refresh, & Cumulative PTF packages. Knowledge of license key management & Digital certificate manager.
• New user setup & removal, including security of system profiles.
• Monitor & respond to helpdesk tickets involving iSeries questions or problems.
• Have basic knowledge & understanding of system journaling, maintain replication between production and HA system using Mimix replication software.
• Ability to work non-business hours when issues arise.
• Five or more years’ experience working with IBM iSeries
• Manages multiple projects effectively
• Collaborate easily with co-workers and work well independently
• Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems
• Highly reliable self-starter; can be counted on to complete assignments
• Proven competence in working with others in a team effort
There are currently no related jobs. Please sign up for Job Alerts.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.
GTN is the leader in technical staffing leveraging innovation to drive next generation recruiting to Fortune 2000 companies.
In addition to having a corporate presence in the following countries, GTN is able to hire in most countries and pay in most major legacy currencies as well as Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDC, Dash, and Solana.
UNITED STATES – Headquarters
GTN TECHNICAL STAFFING, LLC
Registered office: 5151 Belt Line Rd. Ste 700, Dallas, TX, 75254