Human Resources Business Partner
Position Type: Direct Hire
Hourly / Salary: Based on Experience
Residency Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder ONLY
Our client is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join their team!
The Human Resources Business Partner serves as the primary HR point of contact for a specific business unit(s). This role will partner with business leadership to successfully identify, inform and execute HR strategies which enable our client to successfully deliver on its mission.
• Build a strategic alliance between the business unit(s) and HR. Align business objectives with workforce solutions to achieve desired business outcomes.
• Consult with line management on employee matters to provide guidance as appropriate.
• Serve as a steward of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Monitor the pulse of employees. Elevate and tackle potential issues negatively impacting employee engagement.
• Build trusting relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Engage and collaborate with HR COE’s as needed to bring functional expertise to solve business challenges and provide an exceptional client experience.
• Appropriately challenge traditional practices and identify innovative solutions which meet evolving business/industry demands.
• Champion HR change initiatives to ensure successful implementation of programs, policies, procedures.
• Understand and address the upstream and downstream impacts of decisions/solutions on the workforce.
• Analyze workforce data to identify trends, inform decisions and shape recommendations to achieve business objectives
• Pivot from high level strategy development to tactical hands-on execution as needed
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, Union contract provisions, and policies.
• Partner with leadership to develop, monitor and report on workforce and succession plans.
• Advise on leadership, professional development, and training.
• Maintain awareness of culture, financial and resource plans, and emerging trends of the business unit and organization.
• Handle other projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment. See additional information.
• At least seven years of Human Resources leadership experience or HR Business Partner experience, preferably in utilities.
• SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, PHR or SPHR preferred.
"We are GTN – The Go To Network"